Monday, August 29, 2011

iPad Music and GarageBand Workshop at Woodland RC Zone 1

Making music on the iPad has been so fulfilling and satisfying over the last couple of months, having been featured in the media as well.

As I am now working on the follow-up to Silverfish, I was also approached by some friends and other enthusiasts who felt I should consider conducting some lessons on music using the iPad.

Again, I have to reiterate that while I am not a professional musician or composer, there has been a significant portion of positive feedback on my music so far that I have decided to proceed with a iPad music workshop to see if teaching music is something I would like to do.

This workshop has been graciously arranged by the RC Committee at Woodlands Zone 1 RC and the details are as follows:

Ipad Music Appreciation Workshop

Location: Blk 832, Woodlands St 83, Woodlands Zone 1 RC.

This workshop is a 2 hour session, whereby attendees will get to understand the fundamentals of making using on the iPad using GarageBand.

Some of the things that will be covered during this workshop include:

- Understanding the interface of GarageBand
- Using Instruments and Smart Instruments
- Playing a short segment of music
- Recording a voice segment
- Playing with loops

This workshop will enable attendees to understand the workings of GarageBand and will serve as a platform for a subsequent full 10 hour GarageBand course.

I do believe that learning music is now so much easier and more affordable with devices like iPad and software like GarageBand. Hopefully, this will be the springboard of a music movement here that I can be proud to be apart of.

To register, simply email to woodlandszone1@gmail.com with your name and particulars and someone will get in touch with you. The fee for the workshop is S$20.

I also leave you with a track for my follow-up album to Silverfish. This one is called "Chocolate Caviar".

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=167301

Be sure to check out my new music blog, Sirloin Wine

1 comment:

  1. Wow, u were in my area? How cool! Gosh, u're even into music now. Ian, do chk out my latest creation @ My Moment Of Glory In Singapore’s National Papers!

    ReplyDelete